Some of you know that I've been watching my little brother's kiddos a day or two each week. It's been really fun, as this year was the first year the girls were gone all day and it is a little sad for me to see them go. I love holding the babies and laughing at Claira's 2-yr old antics. I didn't have a current photo of the babies, but here they are with big sister last fall...
Babysitting has taken a dramatic turn in the last weeks. The twins are on the move in new and interesting ways. Yesterday was so ridiculous that I was laughing at myself, sure that I resembeled a clown. Having not had a boy, I do get a kick out of all the little boy things Daniel does, but it's a workout to keep that boy safe!
It all started as I got to their house and Amy is instructing me, "Just make sure there's nothing Daniel can get his foot into - to make a foothold for him to use for climbing." Sounds clear enough, but that boy can scale walls....sideways even!
I went out to put one of the carseats into my truck and it maybe took me a minute or two. I came back in to find the gate at the bottom of the stairs pushed over (by Claira) and lying on top of the stairs. Claira was at the top of the stairs, Daniel had followed and was in the middle of the staircase, and sweet Emma was on top of the fallen gate, in a position I can only liken to a cat hanging onto a roof. Two minutes folks.
I love them dearly - and I'm honored that I've been asked to care for them each week. And, I get to laugh at myself, A LOT!
Friday, May 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Cute! You definitely have your hands full. :)
ReplyDelete