Before I forget I wanted to write something down. Corey and I were both so shocked by Lauren's quick wit on Sunday that we kept asking ourselves..."Where did she get that from?"
We are habitually late to church Sunday mornings, which is all the more embarrassing since we live 2 minutes away. Our girls are always on our case because they don't like to be late. Lauren was excited for promotion Sunday this last week, as the now 4th graders get to start service in with the adults and then walk by themselves down to class once they are dismissed.
We were, as usual, about 5 minutes late, so we headed up to the balcony. We were explaining to Lauren that we sit there when we are late - to which she then added, "The stairs of shame."
Lauren loves humor, but I've never known her to come up with stuff so quick. I know it's root is from the movie, Up, where the dog wears the 'cone of shame' but I was pretty impressed she related it so well to the situation. What a clown. :)
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

How cute- and quick!!
ReplyDelete