Well, we made it through...
I kind of had this rule...no sleepovers, other than with relatives. Pretty easy rule to uphold in Germany as I couldn't speak with a lot of the parents to even arrange such an event. :) Here, it was becoming a little more difficult, the older Lauren became.
So, since it was our neighbor girls' birthday party (they are twins) and it was in our neighborhood, and I knew the parents well...Corey said I needed to let her stay. So, off she went.
Since Ali is friends with both girls, but not a 9-year old herself, I wanted her to be distracted from the assumed fun going on across the street, so she went to stay by herself at Grandma and Grandpas.
Then, just like that...Corey and I found ourselves without children for the night! What to do? When was the last time that happened? Not sure. We were so unsure what to do that we just went to the Sportsman's Warehouse, Lowes, and the Taco Time drive-thru. Good stuff. :) We are crazy party animals, I know.
All was well, until a call at 11:45pm from Lauren. She was tired, but didn't want to come home. I chatted with her for a bit, and she told us the next morning that she THINKS she went to bed at 3am. She learned that 'sleepover' doesn't mean sleep.
Ali had a great time, slept great, got her nails done with grandma and was very happy with her sleepover.
Lauren's final take on the whole thing: "I think next time I want to have a sleepover with just one friend." Good call, as I won't ever be inviting eight 9-year olds to sleepover here. :)
Monday, September 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment