Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Happenings

Just thought I should check-in, in the hopes that it might spur me on to some kind of blogging routine, but we shall see. :)

Corey and I celebrated 12 years of marriage on Sunday...and it was the last thing on our minds for the first time as far as I can tell. Good reason, as Grandpa Jess had to have heart surgery Monday morning, so our thoughts were elsewhere. We went to Montana earlier than scheduled to see Grandpa before the surgery and camped along the way. The Boulder trip was cancelled, but the girls were still able to go to Silverwood Theme Park thanks to some free passes they earned at school this last year.

Good news is that Grandpa Jess came through in great shape, giving a face to being 85 and SPRY! He's a rock star and we hope his recovery continues to be smooth. :)

So, we're home this week, inching along with the house and enjoying some of the last lazy days of summer. I need to sell a lot of the things we have no use for, and Corey's job will be hanging things as he's forbidden me to use the drill. I suppose I don't see the big deal, but my track record is not the greatest, so I'll submit to him being the one to put holes in the walls.

I, of course, forgot my camera on this crazy trip, and I was able to take pictures with my new phone, but have absolutely no idea how to get those from there...I'll figure it out.

Until then...Happy Wednesday. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment