This is our house at the first stages, in January, as I haven't uploaded my current photos yet. This is a great photo to show the concrete wall constructon. All those white walls are filled with cement, making our home more quiet and energy efficient. It's been quite a process working with the builder at every stage, but we're really excited to call it home soon.
We've begun to meet our neighbors. One funny thing is that the neighborhood is filled with 2nd grade girls. Twin girls across the street, our Lauren, and a classmate of hers just down the street. I hope it will be a good thing to have so many friends nearby! We've been able to meet the parents at a couple of school functions and we think it'll be a great location for us.
We had to pick almost everything for the house before Corey left in January, so a lot of the time, for me, is just watching it happen. I'm excited to see how it will turn out. Just a little over a month to go!

Who did you guys go with for your windows? We are so spoiled here. Stu and I have discussed that when we move back we'll have to replace our windows with good energy efficient ones!
ReplyDeleteWhen we met with our builder at his office...there they were, right in the front of his showroom. The company is Atrium, and I think they are based out of Texas? Anyway, they are exactly the same as ours were in Germany....but with screens! Yahoo!!
ReplyDelete