Saturday, March 6, 2010

Q & A

I'm so happy to be back today, my 33rd birthday, blogging again. It's a gift to myself of sorts! It's been a hectic almost 3 months since the girls and I have moved home. Lots of fun things to blog about, but I'll start with some of our most frequently asked questions.

Q: Does it feel weird to be back in the U.S.?
A: For me, no. But, we were moving home to a familiar place and our family and friends, so I think that is why the transition has been so easy. It simply feels like home. Corey says it does feel a bit strange getting use to some things like shopping, driving and speaking English. :)

Q: How are the girls adjusting?
A: They are loving being around grandmas and grandpas and cousins all the time. School is a lot of fun for the both of them and they seem to be catching up quickly and making friends. Lauren did a presentation about how German school is different than American school, at which time she showed the kids all of her German school gear. Ali is more reserved in regards to school, but loves her teacher and enjoys all of the learning activities.

Q: What do you miss from Germany?
A: The people we met. I know Corey will miss a lot of the everyday things as well, but the girls and I find ourselves mostly missing the weekly interaction with those wonderful people we grew to love. It's very weird to be taken out of that close-knit circle and be so far away.

Q: What did you miss from home that you are enjoying now?
A: Family and friends. It's great to be reunited with those you love. Plus, I love not having to say good-bye...or fly for awhile!

Q: How is the house coming along?
A: I'll post photos soon, but it's coming along great. Should be finished by mid-April and we are looking forward to having it done. The German windows are in! So fun to have that little element to remind us of our experience...plus, they're COOL!

Q: How are your days different here?
A: Right now, I do a lot of driving. Lauren and Ali's school is near our new house, about an 18 minute drive from my parents' house. So I take Lauren in the morning, but Ali's PM Kindergarten doesn't start until 12:20, so I drive back then and usually stay out there until school lets out around 3. Once we move, the bus stop for the girls will be just across the street from our house, giving me a little more time at home.

Q: Why the new blog address and title?
A: A little bit for security reasons, and a little for the inspiration and life focus. I hope to be reminded of my blessings each time I sit down to blog. I always hope to find the comical twist in each situation.

Q: Did you finish your last blog book?
A: Nope. On the to-do list, but may not get to it until we are unpacked in the new place. :)

Q: Did you enjoy your time in Germany?
A: Absolutely. It was hard at times, but each situation grows us, and I noticed a change in our family. I tended to think that I was going to support my husband's dream, but I realize looking back that it may have been planned more for my sake.

Q: When is Corey done over in Germany?
A: He leaves the U.S. this weekend and will stay in Germany until March 31st. The movers come around the middle of the month to pack up our home in Germany and hopefully our things will make it across the ocean just after our home is finished in April.

Q: Do you all speak German now?
A: Our girls are losing it quite fast. Lauren will still have conversations with Corey, who is fluent, but Ali resists and is now in the throws of learning to read, so we don't expect her to hang on to her German. Lauren will write to her friends, which is great. I understand a good portion of what is being said, but my speaking is still just barely passable.

Looking forward to recording our continued adventures. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back!

    Have I ever told you that you share a birthday with my mom and sister-in-law? (If I have a million times already, I apologize. :)

    Have a great day, and enjoy your chocolate cake!

    ReplyDelete