Tuesday, October 11, 2011

First Days of School

Yes, I know, but we're only a month and a half behind now. :) Here are our beauties on their first day of 4th and 2nd grades, respectively.



 A little windy at the bus stop! They were the only 2...my girls LOVE riding the bus and insisted that they wanted to ride it the first day. It makes me feel a little better that we have an open house the night before so I can see their classrooms and meet their teachers beforehand. So, off they went!


They came home all smiles and excitement and, I think, looking much older all of a sudden! :(  Lauren is our go-getter...wants to try and sign up for every club and activity. She now has most every afternoon recess filled with some obligation or club to keep her busy!


Big excitement for Miss Ali...she recieved the "Wise Old Owl" award for her politeness on the first day. If the owl is awarded to you 3 times during the day, you get to take him home for the night! She has since recieved Mr. Owl another time...so we have started calling Ali the wise old "Owli". :)

She's holding up 2 fingers as this was her 2nd time with the owl.


The year has started off well, for which I am so thankful. I miss them when they are gone! I did get my substitute application all finished, so hopefully I get to sub at their school here in the coming weeks. :)

1 comment:

  1. They are so adorable! I feel like I know them better after spending a little time with them - their personalities come our in these pics! love you!

    ReplyDelete