Monday, June 21, 2010

An Unfortunate Father's Day Weekend

I wish I had some photos, but Corey wouldn't pose for me after the weekend he had. :)

It started off hopeful. He took Friday off and we started moving in on the faith that our 'certificate of occupancy' would be granted by 5pm that day. We got everything moved into the garage while the workers reinacted what could only be described as a scene from "Extreme Home Makeover".

While emptying our storage unit, Corey grabbed a flatbed cart and followed me to our unit. I hear a huge crash and turn to see Corey, arms wildly flailing in the air, falling to the ground.
"WHAT HAPPENED?!" I ask.

Corey, while bleeding, replies, "Um, I may have tried to ride the cart."

(Sigh.) Boys.

4pm Friday - No occupancy permit due to filing of some paperwork. :(

Saturday Corey excitedly began to clean up his new, used boat trailer hitch which was quite rusty. He got it sparkling only to see that it was the wrong part for our truck.

Sunday he then cut himself on the ankle moving the trailer hitch back into the truck to take back - only to find out the place was closed anyway and he needed to get to the urgent care center to get a tetnus shot...for which we all waited for 2 hours. He sees the nurse, and she gets a kick out of hearing how he got the other cuts, from riding on the flatbed cart. I'm sure he looked like he'd been abused at home.

Sunday night he excitedly got to work installing the in-wall speakers in our place only to find out that they pulled out the wires in wrong places causing EXTREME frustration by this point... plus filling of 4 holes in our new walls.

All-in-all, we're happy to have been able to do some projects at the new place, with the painters and cleaners coming again today to clean up and fix the mess before we officially move-in. Dare I say 'tomorrow'?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like he's still working at Albertsons with all of those injuries. Josh got a kick out of it just because he used to be present for most of Corey's fun mishaps that required medical attention!

    ReplyDelete